Mentioned in ?
- achalasia of the cardia
- Air Sacs
- Aleksandr Ivanovich Savitskii
- Aleksandr Savitskii
- alimentary canal
- Andrei Grigorevich Savinykh
- Andrei Savinykh
- Aristotle's lantern
- Artificial Feeding
- Billroth, Theodor
- Bloat in Ruminants
- Boris Rozanov
- Boris Sergeevich Rozanov
- calciferous gland
References in periodicals archive ?
Kolkata: Doctors at a private hospital here have successfully placed a kid-sized metallic stent across the narrowed part of the oesophagus of a 10-year-old- boy who was unable to swallow his own saliva, leave aside food and water, after gulping down sulphuric acid by mistake.
Barrett's Oesophagus is a pre-cancerous condition that can develop into cancer if it is not treated properly.
A vitamin pill, which can be fairly large, could cause either irritating the oesophagus as it goes down or allowing some acid from the stomach to pass up into the oesophagus as the pill goes through the muscular ring separating these two organs, the gastro-oesophageal sphincter.
The cervical oesophagus is an uncommon site of the disease.
On biopsy, IM is the diagnostic feature of BO when located in the oesophagus, not when located in the upper part of the stomach.
Computerized axial tomography (CAT) scan showed a posterior mediastinal mass compressing the oesophagus, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) revealed high signal intensities on both T1 and T2 weighted images suggestive of bronchogenic cyst (Fig.
In a healthy body, the acid is prevented from flowing back up the oesophagus by a small muscle, the lower oesophageal sphincter, which works like a one-way valve to control the flow of food into the stomach.
The girl, who was born with a defect in the oesophagus, had been earlier treated at a private hospital but the operation was not successful.
Increased pressure on the abdomen, which occurs if you are overweight or pregnant, will also aid in the reflux of acid into the oesophagus.
Achalasia is an idiopathic motility disorder of the oesophagus characterised by aperistalsis of the oesophageal body and incomplete relaxation of the lower oesophageal sphincter during swallowing (1).
Doctors at five Midlands hospitals are taking part in a pounds 1 million trial to see if a humble painkiller can help prevent cancer of the oesophagus.
Incidence of heterotopic gastric mucosa in the upper oesophagus.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Oehlenschläger, Adam Gottlob
- Oehman's survey instrument
- OEM font
- oenanthe aquatica
- oenothera biennis
- Oenslager, Donald
- Oersted experiment
- Oersted, Hans Christian
- Oertel, Johannes
- Oertel's Treatment
- Oerter, Al
- O-ethyl-O-para-nitrophenyl phenylphosphonothioate
- Oetling freezing method
- Of Mice and Men
- Of stars
- OFaolain, Sean
- O'Faoláin, Seán
- Off center
- off course
- off key
- off site
- off soundings
- Off the grid
- off the trolley
- off time
Full browser ?
- Oesophagostomum apiostomum
- Oesophagostomum brevicaudum
- Oesophagostomum brumpti
- Oesophagostomum columbianum
- Oesophagostomum dentatum
- Oesophagostomum georgianum
- Oesophagostomum quadrispinulatum
- Oesophagostomum radiatum
- Oesophagostomum stephanostomum
- Oesophagostomum venulosum
- oesophagus cancer related gene 2
- Oesophagus cancer-related gene 2 protein
- oesophagus cancer-related gene-2
- Oesophagus carcinoma
- Oesterreichische Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Mustererkennung
- Oesterreichische Banknoten- und Sicherheitsdruck GmbH
- Oesterreichische Computer Gesellschaft
- Oesterreichische Kontrollbank
- Oesterreichische Nationalbank
- Oesterreichische Nationalbank
- Oesterreichische Zoo Organisation
- Oesterreichischer Alpenverein
- Oesterreichischer Berufsverband Diplomierter SozialarbeiterInnen
- Oesterreichischer Citroën Club