organic search results

(redirected from organic listing)
Also found in: Dictionary.
Related to organic listing: natural search results, natural search

organic search results

The ranking of a website on a search engine results list that is due entirely to the search engine's algorithms evaluating the site rather than from a paid ad. The websites of companies that pay for ads are ranked either on the first page or very high in the results list. However, without paid ads, websites are ranked based on their popularity and the content of their pages, the latter often manipulated by optimization specialists who try to trick the search engine (see page ranking and search engine optimization). Also called a "natural search." See vertical search engine and search engine.
References in periodicals archive ?
I feel that so far we have bought our traffic [through search engine ads], but in September, Equity plans to unveil a new look and feel to its Web site that is designed to bolster its ranking in the organic listing, as well.
According to a 2004 survey conducted by search engine marketing firm iProspect(R), just over 60% of those surveyed found the results in the organic listings to be more relevant than paid listings on commercial searches across all search engines -- leaving roughly 40% of participants who found advertised listings to be more relevant than organic results.
com) today announced new enhancements to its award-winning Geneva Technology Platform, designed to help small businesses expand their online presence and attract consumers through both paid and organic listings.
Interestingly, over 50 per cent of the most visible websites ranked in Greenlight's Integrated Search league table have no visibility in the organic listings, instead relying solely on visibility gained in the paid ad listings on Google, to attract the searchers' attention.
utilizes upLOCAL[TM] for maps using organic listings, paid listings, and local Google Places map listings.
This book focuses on organic listings the unpaid results that receive 86% of searcher clicks.
Greenlight's report shows ASOS was the most visible website in the organic listings .
Organic listings can be gained by optimizing your website content to reflect the way that users search.
With top placement on the first page of the organic listings on search engines like Google, Bing, and MSN, for targeted key words such as, sell my property and sell my house fast; the company generates thousands of home seller leads each month.
Only 30% of users click the sponsored adverts and using Google Adwords won't help you to rank higher in the organic listings.
NEW YORK -- The presence of organic listings on a search engine positively impacts the click-through rates of paid search advertisements, and vice-versa, according to a new study by NYU Stern Professors Anindya Ghose and Sha Yang.

Full browser ?