osier(redirected from osiers)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
osier(ō`zhər): see willowwillow,
common name for some members of the Salicaceae, a family of deciduous trees and shrubs of worldwide distribution, especially abundant from north temperate to arctic areas.
..... Click the link for more information. .
1. A partition dividing two flues in the same chimney stack.
2. A flexible, slender twig or branch; an osier; esp. used to tie down thatching on roofs.
3. Each continuous vertical section of wall, one masonry unit in thickness.
1. any of various willow trees, esp Salix viminalis, whose flexible branches or twigs are used for making baskets, etc.
a twig or branch from such a tree
2. any of several North American dogwoods, esp the red osier
3. a town in NE Croatia on the Drava River: under Turkish rule from 1526 to 1687. Pop.: 85 000 (2005 est.)