parent company


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.

parent company

a company that owns more than half the shares of another company
References in periodicals archive ?
Beaufort Construction together with its ultimate parent company Beaufort Holdings UK
Unfortunately, this parent company got into some financial trouble because of its highly-leveraged debt, and did in fact, file Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
No person who works for the parent company - and not the subsidiary - should assume any responsibility for, or oversight over, environmental matters such as waste disposal, cleanup, or environmental compliance activities.
Steel had issued parent company statements that included as income only the devidends received from subsidiary companies.
Fitch would expect that management will use the proceeds to retire parent company debt and/or redeploy in new investments.
CONTACT: Investor Relations: Barry Hollingsworth, +1-303-226-6205; or Media: Sheliah Gilliland, +1-303-226-8685, both of The Parent Company
Carrollton Bancorp is the parent company of Carrollton Bank, a commercial bank serving the deposit and financing needs of both consumers and businesses through a system of 10 branch offices in central Maryland.
The Parent Company will pay an initial amount of RMB1,050 million (equivalent to 30% of the consideration) in cash the first business day following the completion of the disposal and will pay the remaining RMB2,450 million (equivalent to 70% of the consideration) in cash within 30 days after completion of the disposal.
DENVER, May 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Parent Company , a leading commerce, content and new media company for growing families, today announced that it will present at the Oppenheimer Annual 2008 Communications & Technology Conference in Boston.
UMC is the world`s second largest semiconductor foundry and parent company of Unimicron.
15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Parent Company , a leading commerce, content and new media company for growing families, announced today that the NASDAQ Stock Market has approved its application to upgrade The Parent Company listing to the NASDAQ Global Market.
Fogel, Chairman of USEB and Chief Executive Officer of USEB's parent company, U.