perineural


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical.

perineural

[‚per·ə′nu̇r·əl]
(anatomy)
Situated around nervous tissue or a nerve.
References in periodicals archive ?
"If you do total margin control surgery on your perineural invasive cases, you're going to drop your recurrence rate by two-thirds, and that's a really big difference."
But AFB were detected in the dermis on histopathology, which showed a perivascular, perineural infiltrate comprising lymphocytes and foamy macrophages; thus confirming the diagnosis of leprosy.
The two groups were divided according to NLR, PLR and NMR median values and when the relationship between BS findings and clinicopathological features such as PSA, Gleason score, extraprostatic extension, seminal vesicle invasion, surgical border positivity, perineural invasion were analyzed, a statistically significant relationship was found between high NLR value and presence of bone metastasis on BS (p=0.018, Table 1) and high Gleason score (p=0.034).
Oncological Implications of Lymph Nodes Retrieval and Perineural Invasion in Colorectal Cancer: Outcomes from a Referral Center.
(32) The authors also published on the relationship between reactive stroma grading and perineural invasion (33) and lymphovascular invasion.
Another study described PNI (perineural invasion) in 34% cases where it showed a significant association with higher Gleason scoring.26 John O Delancey et al (2013) in their study has reported 20% positive perineural invasion in patients of prostatic carcinoma.27 This study comprised of 60 cases of prostatic adenocarcinoma, out of which 27 (45%) cases showed positive perineural invasion while in remaining 33 (55%) cases, no perineural invasion was identified.
Perineural and single cell SCCs are also classified under high-risk, whereas the well-differentiated SCCs are considered low-risk tumors (6).
Considerations for adjuvant radiation therapy are driven by high histological grade, lymphovascular and perineural invasion, nodal metastases, and close surgical margins.
The Cox proportional hazards model was used to adjust the analysis for known prognostic factors such as age, comorbidity, pathologic tumor size, number of positive lymph nodes, vascular and perineural invasion, hormonal receptors status, tumor grade, HER-2 status, histological type of BC, surgery modality and chemotherapy regimen.
To the Editor: Several kinds of malignant tumors show perineural invasion (PNI), which can cause locoregional recurrence and reduce the likelihood of survival after surgery.
Perineural invasion could be identified in 11 cases (47.82%) (Refer Figures 4, 5 and 6).