Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. The slope of a roof, usually expressed as a ratio of vertical rise to horizontal run, or in inches (centimeters) of rise per foot (meter) of run.
3. The slope of a stair flight, i.e., the ratio of the rise to the run of the flight.
4. The distance between centers of bolts, rivets, and other fasteners in the same line.
5.See carpet pitch.
6. In acoustics, that attribute of auditory sensation in which sounds may be ordered on a scale from low to high; depends primarily on the frequency of the sound stimulus.
7. Any of various resins.
8. A dark, viscous, distillate of tar; used in caulking and paving; also called pitch mastic. Also See coal-tar pitch.
9. In masonry, to square a stone with a chisel.