plasterer's putty

Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.

lime putty, plasterer’s putty

A hydrated lime which has been slaked with sufficient water to form a thick paste; used in plastering.


1. A heavy paste composed of pigment, such as whiting, mixed with linseed oil; used to fill holes and cracks in wood prior to painting to secure and seal panes of glass in window frames; also called painter’s putty.
2. In plastering, a fine cement consisting of lump lime slaked with water; lime putty. Now, other compounds, pre-mixed or in powdered form to be combined with water, are widely used.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Mentioned in ?