Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to plus: play
1. indicating or involving addition
2. on the positive part of a scale or coordinate axis
3. indicating the positive side of an electrical circuit
4. slightly above a specified standard on a particular grade or percentage
5. Botany designating the strain of fungus that can only undergo sexual reproduction with a minus strain
6. a positive quantity
A mathematical symbol; A plus B, where A and B are mathematical quantities, denotes the quantity obtained by taking their sum in an appropriate context.
Late 60's. Machine-oriented systems language used internally by Univac.
Google+A social networking site from Google, introduced in 2011. Although Google+ never achieved the market share of Facebook, users have ranked it favorably. In 2015, its chat, video calling and photos services were separated out (see Google Hangouts and Google Photos). In October 2018, Google announced the end of Google+ because of a data vulnerability discovered that year that exposed the data of a half million users. However, it was not known if any data were actually breached.
Friends and families are stored in Circles, which display as circular icons on screen. In order to better engineer privacy and who sees what, all posts, photos and invitations are shared by dragging them into the appropriate Circle, which remembers the last selection. Friends, Acquaintances, Family and Following (whom you follow) are the defaults, but any Circle can be created. See Google+ Ripples, Google+ Sparks and Google.