plus(redirected from plusses)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial.
1. indicating or involving addition
2. on the positive part of a scale or coordinate axis
3. indicating the positive side of an electrical circuit
4. slightly above a specified standard on a particular grade or percentage
5. Botany designating the strain of fungus that can only undergo sexual reproduction with a minus strain
6. a positive quantity
A mathematical symbol; A plus B, where A and B are mathematical quantities, denotes the quantity obtained by taking their sum in an appropriate context.
Late 60's. Machine-oriented systems language used internally by Univac.