Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
A policeman, chewing stolidly, nodded toward an elevator shaft, and other policemen nodded him further on to the office of the district attorney.
Here the policeman found another empty bag like that which was found full of oats in the boy's basket.
Now the fat policeman wakens definitely, and feels of his club to see that it is ready for business.
He was about to continue when the policeman took him by the arm, turned him towards the gate, and pointed expressively in that direction.
There he paused, hearing the slow heavy tread of the policeman on the pavement outside and seeing the flash of the bull's-eye reflected in the window.
There was an envelope lying on the counter, and a policeman writing in a note-book!
They were not allowed to marry without the permission of the Postmaster General; and on no account might they dare to marry a mayor, a policeman, a cashier, or a foreigner, lest they betray the secrets of the switchboard.
Street after street and all the folks asleep--street after street, all lighted up as if for a procession and all as empty as a church-- till at last I got into that state of mind when a man listens and listens and begins to long for the sight of a policeman.
So finally we decided that we would take it to the Heath, and when we heard a policeman coming, would leave it where he could not fail to find it.
Just as he was leaving the station a policeman came up to him, and said, "Mr.
There were shrieks and shouts, and suddenly a mounted policeman came galloping through the confusion with his hands clasped over his head, screaming.
We have plenty of thieves, though not so many as is said; but these thieves stand in far more dread of a policeman than a lord.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Poliakov, Viktor Nikolaevich
- polian vesicle
- Polianov, Dimitr
- Polianovka Peace of 1634
- Polianskii, Anatolii
- Polianskii, Anatolii Trofimovich
- Polianskii, Dmitrii
- Polianskii, Dmitrii Stepanovich
- Polianskii, Iurii
- Polianskii, Iurii Ivanovich
- Poliarnaia Zvezda
- polical sociology
- police court
- Police Department
- police dog
- police power
- police procedural
- police state
- police station
- Police, the
- policy based
- policy management
- Policy of Economies
- Policy, Insurance
- Polidori, John
- Polignac, Auguste-Jules-Armand-Marie De
- Polignac, Jules Armand, prince de
- Polignac, Melchior de
- Polignac, Yolande Martine Gabrielle de Polastron, duchesse de
- Polihale State Park
- Polikanov, Sergei
- Polikanov, Sergei Mikhailovich
- Polikarp Kakabadze
- Polikarp Malkhazovich Kakabadze
- Polikarp Mikhailovich Zalesov
- Polikarp Zalesov
- Polikarpov, Nikolai
- Polikarpov, Nikolai Nikolaevich
- Polikarpovich, Konstantin
- Polikarpovich, Konstantin Mikhailovich
- Polikarpov-Orlov, Fedor
Full browser ?
- Police-Public Contact Survey
- Police/Mental Health Liaison
- Policealne Studium Ekonomiczno Informatyczne
- policeman bird
- policeman bird
- Policeman Lesion
- Policeman of the Abdomen
- policeman's helmet
- policemans heel
- Polichlorek Winylu
- Polícia de Intervenção e Defesa do Estado
- Policía de Investigaciones del Perú
- Policía de Mercados
- Polícia de Segurança Pública
- Policia de Turismo