Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
The policeman was a representative of the law, and law is sacred to an Englishman.
There was an envelope lying on the counter, and a policeman writing in a note-book!
"I'm all for making a policeman into sausages," said John Crook.
On the opposite and lighter side of the way, a short distance below me, a policeman was strolling along in the direction of the Regent's Park.
The policeman crouched over him, clutching his stick, waiting for him to try to rise again; and meantime the barkeeper got up, and put his hand to his head.
"What a nice figure the policeman must have cut, my dear!" shouted the count, dying with laughter.
"'Tis Jawn McCaskey and his missis at it again," meditated the policeman. "I wonder shall I go up and stop the row.
Here the policeman found another empty bag like that which was found full of oats in the boy's basket.
On the other side a brewery waggon was locking with the coal waggon, and an east-bound Kearny Street car, wildly clanging its gong, the motorman shouting defiance at the crossing policeman, was dashing forward to complete the blockade.
You ought to be ashamed" said the policeman. It was the most rational remark which I had heard in Enmore Park.
With the policeman's hail he was immediately his ordinary self, grasping the situation clearly.
The policeman, with becoming humility, related how he had taken the charge; how he had searched Oliver, and found nothing on his person; and how that was all he knew about it.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Poliakov, Viktor Nikolaevich
- polian vesicle
- Polianov, Dimitr
- Polianovka Peace of 1634
- Polianskii, Anatolii
- Polianskii, Anatolii Trofimovich
- Polianskii, Dmitrii
- Polianskii, Dmitrii Stepanovich
- Polianskii, Iurii
- Polianskii, Iurii Ivanovich
- Poliarnaia Zvezda
- polical sociology
- police court
- Police Department
- police dog
- police power
- police procedural
- police state
- police station
- Police, the
- policy based
- policy management
- Policy of Economies
- Policy, Insurance
- Polidori, John
- Polignac, Auguste-Jules-Armand-Marie De
- Polignac, Jules Armand, prince de
- Polignac, Melchior de
- Polignac, Yolande Martine Gabrielle de Polastron, duchesse de
- Polihale State Park
- Polikanov, Sergei
- Polikanov, Sergei Mikhailovich
- Polikarp Kakabadze
- Polikarp Malkhazovich Kakabadze
- Polikarp Mikhailovich Zalesov
- Polikarp Zalesov
- Polikarpov, Nikolai
- Polikarpov, Nikolai Nikolaevich
- Polikarpovich, Konstantin
- Polikarpovich, Konstantin Mikhailovich
- Polikarpov-Orlov, Fedor
Full browser ?
- Police-Public Contact Survey
- Police/Mental Health Liaison
- Policealne Studium Ekonomiczno Informatyczne
- policeman bird
- policeman bird
- Policeman Lesion
- Policeman of the Abdomen
- policeman's helmet
- Polichlorek Winylu
- Policia Civil
- Polícia de Intervenção e Defesa do Estado
- Policia de Investigaciones de Chile
- Policía de Investigaciones del Perú
- Policía de Mercados
- Polícia de Segurança Pública
- Policia de Turismo