potash feldspar


Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.

potash feldspar

[′päd‚ash ′fel‚spär]
(mineralogy)
References in periodicals archive ?
The abovementioned X-ray diffraction tests show that soda feldspar, potash feldspar, and mica account for 70% of the total mineral content of the samples, and quartz accounts for the remaining 30%.
According to the microscopic structure of the mineral composition, shown in Figure 1, the soda feldspar, potash feldspar, and mica grains form a rock matrix and encapsulate the quartz grains.
Quartz, Hematite, Gypsum and Potash feldspar showed their presence in the studied samples by their diagnostic XRD reflections, see Figures 3 and 4.
Potash feldspar indicated its presence only in one sample number 13 La (E).
The potash feldspar is essential minerals of granite an igneous rock.