proctor(redirected from proctored)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
1. a member of the teaching staff of any of certain universities having the duties of enforcing discipline
2. US (in a college or university) a supervisor or monitor who invigilates examinations, enforces discipline, etc.
3. (formerly) an agent, esp one engaged to conduct another's case in a court
4. (formerly) an agent employed to collect tithes
5. Church of England one of the elected representatives of the clergy in Convocation and the General Synod
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005