proctor(redirected from proctorships)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
1. a member of the teaching staff of any of certain universities having the duties of enforcing discipline
2. US (in a college or university) a supervisor or monitor who invigilates examinations, enforces discipline, etc.
3. (formerly) an agent, esp one engaged to conduct another's case in a court
4. (formerly) an agent employed to collect tithes
5. Church of England one of the elected representatives of the clergy in Convocation and the General Synod