Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
It is profanation in the eyes of the Lord," retorted the old man, "to liken the works of his creatur's, to the power of his own hand.
We had a rubber at whist, a mere profanation, so far as play was concerned, of that noble game.
I suppose it would be profanation to eat anything in this spick-and-span bower, so as I'm tremendously hungry, I propose an adjournment," he added presently.
Nay, we will have no profanation, mad Priest,'' said Locksley; ``let us rather hear where you found this prisoner of thine.
Even if I could do it, it would be profanation for me to play at being in love.
5) Cantet, of course, remains pessimistic about such utopian use of non-places and the disconnected bodies of cognitive laborers, ending the film with Vincent's reintegration into the status quo, making him yield to the pressure to live up to his patriarchal role and abandon his profanations for the benefit of his bourgeois family.
All religions are concerned by these profanations," he warned, adding that "the number of profanations of tombs has increased by 40 percent since 2008.
As we believe in the Real Presence of our Lord, spiritually, and physically, in every minuscule particle of the Holy Host, my wife and I have been receiving communion on the tongue for several years, as we both witnessed gross disrespect for our Lord and possibly grave profanations.
beaucoup moins que] Des procedures ont ete deja entamees afin d'alerter les pays arabes et l'Unesco sur les profanations et la destruction de vestiges et de richesses archeologiques dans certains pays arabes ayant connu ou connaissant encore des troubles [beaucoup plus grand que], a-t-il ajoute.
AGAMBEN, Giorgio, Profanations, Paris, Rivages, 2005.
Aboubaker Al Baghdadi, nouveau Calife des Musulmans a appele, dans un message audio de 20 minutes , mis en ligne mardi 1 juillet ,les Moujahidine a prendre les armes en Chine , en Inde , en Indonesie , en Egypte , en Irak , en Syrie , au Pakistan , en Tunisie , en Libye , en Algerie et au Maroc , pour les brimades tortures subies par les Musulmans, et les profanations des mosquees dans ces pays.
For some, Fascist totality is merely the logical upshot of Futurism's utopian "reconstruction"; for others, the regime's mounting conservatism betrayed the cultural movement's dynamic profanations.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Production-Line Manufacturing
- Productive Capital
- Productive Consumption
- productive cough
- Productive Forces
- Productive Labor
- productive labour and unproductive labour
- productive time
- productivity index
- Productivity of Agricultural Animals
- Productivity of Labor
- productivity ratio
- productivity software
- productivity suite
- productivity test
- Productivity, Theories of
- product-moment coefficient
- proerythroblast of Ferrata
- professional adviser
- Professional Army
- Professional Crime
- professional engineer
- Professional Graphics Adapter
- Professional liability insurance
- Professional Office System
- professional practice
- professional programming
- Professional Revolutionaries
- professional services
- Professional Write
- Professional YAM
- Professionalno-Tekhnicheskoe Obrazovanie
- Professor Longhair
- profile chart
- profile descent
Full browser ?
- Prof Chalkboard Erasing Algorithm
- Prof Dawkins
- Prof Dr Abdus Salam
- Prof Richard Dawkins
- profane interjection
- profane language
- Profane Mina
- profane oath
- Profaneness or profanity