Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Proglottid and egg samples were collected from patients with diphyllobothriasis and taeniasis in hospitals in Japan.
Your veterinarian can examine the proglottid, or break it open to examine the eggs within to determine which type of tapeworm your cat has.
saginata was collected from both Taenia egg-positive persons and from persons who spontaneously discharged gravid proglottids. The worms were identified morphologically as T.
The stool examination revealed small, white, seed-like structures which were identified as proglottids, measuring 7mm by 3mm and tapered at both ends.
The tapeworm that occurs in horses is a large worm consisting of a head, which attaches to the intestine of the horse, and a long ribbonlike body with similar segments called proglottids. Unlike nematodes, in which the sexes are separate (males and females mate to produce the next generation), tapeworms contain both sexes within the same worm.
* The adult tapeworm is about 8-10 ft (2.5-3 m), with about 1,000 proglottids (segments) that mature, become gravid, detach from the tapeworm, and migrate to the anus or are passed in the stool.
[2-4] Because gravid segments of the tapeworms (proglottids) passed by infested children are small, white, and motile, they may often be mistaken for adult pinworms (Figure 1).
The sections of the worm, appearing somewhat like the inch marks on a measuring tape, are called proglottids, and each proglottid contains hundreds of eggs.
We isolated genomic DNA from a tapeworm proglottid by using the DNeasy Tissue Kit (QIAGEN, Hilden, Germany).
marmotae for which the peak in the proglottid shedding rate takes place in late summer, the peak in the coccidia oocyst shedding rate occurs in early spring .
Macroscopic examination of a single, 6-cm portion of unfixed strobila without scolex, obtained from feces, revealed individual proglottids, wider than they were long, and a central rosette-shaped uterus in each proglottid.
Proglottid One complete unit of a tapeworm below the scolex; also known as a tapeworm segment.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Profit Share
- profit sharing
- Profit-and-Loss Accounting
- proflavine sulfate
- Profumo, John Dennis
- profundal zone
- Profusion chipset
- progenitor cell
- progeny test
- progestational hormone
- prognostic chart
- prognostic equation
- Prognostic Map
- Progoff, Ira
- prograde metamorphism
- prograde motion
- prograde orbit
- prograding shoreline
- program analysis
- program block
- program check
- program compatibility
- Program Composition Notation
- program control
- program conversion
Full browser ?
- Progestogen-Only Pill
- Progetti Emiliani
- Progetti Idee Consulenze Organizzazione Servizi
- Progetti Integrati Territoriali
- Progetto Atletica Dora Baltea
- Progetto di Sostegno alla Cittadinanza Attiva nell'area Pisana
- Progetto Domani: Cultura e Solidarieta
- Progetto Ipertensione Umbria Monitoraggio Ambulatoriale
- Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri
- Progetto Linguistico Italiano OpenOffice
- Progetto Lombardo Archivi in Internet
- Progetto Nazionale Salute Mentale
- Progetto Nazionale Simon Bolivar
- progetto preliminare di bilancio
- Progetto Sviluppo
- Progiciel de Gestion Intégré
- Proglobal Sports Management