progressive(redirected from progressive motor neuron disease)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. favouring or promoting political or social reform through government action, or even revolution, to improve the lot of the majority
2. denoting or relating to an educational system that allows flexibility in learning procedures, based on activities determined by the needs and capacities of the individual child, the aim of which is to integrate academic with social development
3. (of a tax or tax system) graduated so that the rate increases relative to the amount taxed
4. (esp of a disease) advancing in severity, complexity, or extent
5. (of a dance, card game, etc.) involving a regular change of partners after one figure, one game, etc.