Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Second, the simultaneous rise of provincial fiction and disparagement of provincialism in English cultural criticism during the nineteenth century represents neglected source for historicising present anti-metropolitan affect and critique, which is often accompanied by talk of vanishing or 'squee
Provincialism has been one of the curses; and so is sectionalism Shia, Sunni, etc.
It took the Eastern European revolution of 1989 to catapult Hamburg out of its provincialism. Ever since then it has been reinventing itself as a multi-cultural patchwork of architectural and urban experiences.
That's just a recipe for more provincialism, in Chervel's view.
Stephane Gerson, however, takes the matter of provincialism to heart, mapping the extensive and varied efforts of nineteenth-century Frenchmen to cultivate sentiments of loyalty and affection to hometown and pays.
Eugene's small size and provincialism can exacerbate the problem, Soto said.
Like other leftists of his vintage, Roth is at once incurably indignant about pre WWII "isolationism" and dogmatically blind to his own isolationism--the cultural provincialism of a Manhattan intellectual who looks westward with a mixture of fear and contempt.
Their unadventurous attitude in not turning out for what should have been one of the target concerts of the season is the manifest difference between crashing provincialism and the talked-up pretensions of being part of a true European Capital of Culture.
Murayama blames some of the region's complacency on its provincialism. "No foreign hotels could enter the market, even though they were desperate to, which in a way is the reason that hotel operations in Kyoto have stayed primitive and not become modernized enough to be called a real business."
The old Blue and Blacks confirmed their fresh regional tag yesterday, although it will do little to convince those at some of the merged outfits that the capital club has truly embraced the concept of provincialism.
Although the Kentucky native is now a devoted Texan, Mills shuns provincialism in his work.
Cardiff and Pontypridd - another likely pairing if the WRU opt for provincialism next season - also face each other, with Bridgend hosting Swansea and Llanelli facing Neath.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Provence Alps
- Provensen, Alice
- Provensen, Martin
- Proviantskii Prikaz
- Providence Canyon State Park
- Providence County
- Providence Mountains State Recreation Area
- Provideniia Bay
- Province Wellesley
- Province, Physicogeographical
- Province, Roman
- Provincetown Players
- Provincial Committees
- provincial series
- Proving Ground
- proving ring
- Provisional Committee of the State Duma of 1917
- Provisional Don Government
- Provisional Government
- Provisional Government of the Northern Region
- Provisional People's Committee of North Korea
- Provisional Remedy
- Provisional Revolutionary Government
- Provisional Siberian Government
- Provisional Workers and Peasants Government
- Provisions of Oxford
- Provisions of Westminster
- provocative maintenance
Full browser ?
- Provincial Vehicle Road Tax
- Provincial Veterinary Officer
- Provincial Water Protection Fund
- Provincial Water Quality Monitoring Network
- Provincial Water Quality Objectives
- Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit
- Provincial Women's Softball Association
- Provincial Youth Advisory Committee
- Provincial Youth Council
- Provincial Youth Event
- Provincial-Municipal Social Services Review
- Provincial/Territorial Committee on Building Standards
- Provincial/Territorial Policy Advisory Committee on Codes
- Provinciale Adviesraad Beeldende Kunst
- Provinciale Bibliotheek Centrale Utrecht
- Provinciale Commissie Buitenschoolse Opvang
- Provinciale Commissie Fysieke Leefomgeving
- Provinciale Handelsschool Hasselt
- Provinciale Industriële Hogeschool
- Provinciale Limburgse Electriciteits Maatschappij
- Provinciale Noordbrabantse Energie Maatschappij
- Provinciale Secundaire School Diepenbeek
- Provinciale Unie van Vrijwilligers
- Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant
- Provinciale Zeeuwse Electriciteitsmaatschappij
- Provincially Administered Tribal Area
- Provincially Significant Wetland