quill (redirected from quill feathers)
Also found in: Dictionary
quill: see penpen,
pointed implement used in writing or drawing to apply ink or a similar colored fluid to any surface, such as paper. Various kinds of pens have been used since ancient times.
..... Click the link for more information. .
What does it mean when you dream about a quill?
As a writing instrument often associated with refinement and gentility, the quill can symbolize superior social status or prestige, sophistication or style, false delicacy or affectation, and belles lettres, among others. In a dream it may provide inspiration to write about thoughts and dreams.
A hollow shaft into which another shaft is inserted in mechanical devices.
A shaft or spool on which filling yarn is wound before insertion into a shuttle.
The hollow, horny shaft of a large stiff wing or tail feather.
a. any of the large stiff feathers of the wing or tail of a bird
b. the long hollow central part of a bird's feather; calamus
2. any of the stiff hollow spines of a porcupine or hedgehog
3. a device, formerly usually made from a crow quill, for plucking a harpsichord string
4. Angling a length of feather barb stripped of barbules and used for the body of some artificial flies
5. a small roll of bark, esp one of dried cinnamon
6. (in weaving) a bobbin or spindle
7. Engineering a hollow shaft that rotates upon an inner spindle or concentrically about an internal shaft