radius(redirected from radii)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
radius,in anatomy: see armarm,
upper limb in humans. Three long bones form the framework of the arm: the humerus of the upper arm, and the radius (outer bone) and ulna (inner bone) of the forearm.
..... Click the link for more information. .
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia™ Copyright © 2013, Columbia University Press. Licensed from Columbia University Press. All rights reserved. www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/cup/
The outer of the two bones of the human forearm or of the corresponding part in vertebrates other than fish.
A line segment joining the center and a point of a circle or sphere.
The length of such a line segment.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. a straight line joining the centre of a circle or sphere to any point on the circumference or surface
2. the length of this line, usually denoted by the symbol r
3. the distance from the centre of a regular polygon to a vertex (long radius) or the perpendicular distance to a side (short radius)
4. Anatomy the outer and slightly shorter of the two bones of the human forearm, extending from the elbow to the wrist
5. a corresponding bone in other vertebrates
6. any of the veins of an insect's wing
7. a group of ray florets, occurring in such plants as the daisy
8. the lateral displacement of a cam or eccentric wheel
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service
This article is provided by FOLDOC - Free Online Dictionary of Computing (foldoc.org)
RADIUS(Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service) An authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA) protocol developed by Livingston Enterprises (later acquired by Lucent). RADIUS uses a challenge/response method for authentication and has been widely used prior to Diameter. See Diameter, network access server and challenge/response.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.