recovery room


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

recovery room

[ri′kəv·ə·rē ‚rüm]
(medicine)
A hospital room in which surgical patients are kept during the period immediately following an operation for care and recovery from anesthesia.
References in periodicals archive ?
In our study we found no correlation between TOF monitoring and the clinical criteria often used in anesthesiology to predict adequate performance of the junction at the end of surgery (RHO Spearman = 0.137), and the same parameters with regards to the TOF value measured at the time of admission to the recovery room (RHO Spearman = -0.052).
No patients with residual neuromuscular block required reintubation or mechanical ventilation in the recovery room.
This study suggests that chewing gum, as an adjunct modality in the recovery room, is likely to be acceptable to most patients and recovery room nurses.
Within the first week of employment in a specialist children's recovery unit, I realised that my experience with children in the recovery room was limited.
Most of these patients (10 of 13; 77%) received the IV pain medication in the OR; the rest (3 of 13; 23%) received it in the recovery room. Four group 2 patients were given an antiemetic medication: 3 in the OR and 1 in the recovery room.
Yet, he emerged from the OR, Recovery Room and SCIU with an injury to his right foot which ultimately led to the amputation of that foot.
The federal Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and a number of states require providers to ask postoperative patients to gauge their level of pain on a 10-point scale during the time they remain in the postanesthesia recovery room.
Hedgerows, measuring 40ft by 15ft in the theatre recovery room, and a much smaller mural,Forest, near the first floor lifts, have also been knocked down.
A: The instructions for K5a, parenteral/IV, state: "Do not include IV fluids that were administered as a routine part of an operative procedure or recovery room stay" (p.
The error was discovered shortly afterwards in the recovery room, and Mrs Carter was discharged after the second operation.
At the other end of the spectrum, 50% of the plain gas patients but only 20% of the Insuflow patients required 120-150 minutes in the recovery room prior to discharge.