stool(redirected from rice-water stools)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to rice-water stools: pea soup stool
1. a rootstock or base of a plant, usually a woody plant, from which shoots, etc., are produced
2. a cluster of shoots growing from such a base
3. Chiefly US a decoy used in hunting
4. waste matter evacuated from the bowels
5. (in W Africa, esp Ghana) a chief's throne
The flat piece upon which a window closes, corresponding to the sill of a door.
packing piece, stool
A block which is used to raise one or more members above others.
1. The flat piece upon which a window shuts down, corresponding to the sill of a door.
2. A narrow shelf fitted across the lower part of the inside of a window opening; butts against the sill.
3. A window stool.
4. Same as packing piece.
5. A framed support.