Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to Riser pipe: sparge pipe
A vertical pipe which rises from one floor level to another floor level, for the purpose of conducting steam, water, or gas from one floor to another.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
1. The vertical face of a stair step.
2. Any upright face, as of a seat, platform, etc.
3. A platform on the stage of a theater or concert hall on which a performer is placed.
4. A water-supply, drainage, gas, steam, or vent pipe which extends vertically, one full story or more, to service several branches or a group of fixtures.
5. An electrical cable which extends vertically, one full story or more, to distribute electrical power to electric panels on the different floors of a building.
6. A duct, which extends vertically, one full story or more, to distribute air to branch ducts on the different floors of a building.
7. A vertical supply pipe for a fire sprinkler system.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.