roll(redirected from rolling in money)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
roll,in aviation: see airfoilairfoil,
surface designed to develop a desired force by reaction with a fluid, especially air, that is flowing across the surface. For example, the fixed wing surfaces of an airplane produce lift, which opposes gravity.
..... Click the link for more information. .
A primary sedimentary structure produced by deformation involving subaqueous slump or vertical foundering.
Rotational or oscillatory movement of an aircraft or similar body about a longitudinal axis through the body; it is called roll for any degree of such rotation.
A cylinder mounted in bearings; used for such functions as shaping, crushing, moving, or printing work passing by it.
A continuous strand made by rolling, rubbing, or twisting fibers.
1. A rounded strip fastened to, and running along, the ridge of a roof.
2. In a roof covered
1. a cylinder used to flatten something; roller
2. a very rapid beating of the sticks on a drum
3. a flight manoeuvre in which an aircraft makes one complete rotation about its longitudinal axis without loss of height or change in direction
4. a throw of dice
5. a bookbinder's tool having a brass wheel, used to impress a line or repeated pattern on the cover of a book