royal(redirected from royally)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms.
1. of, relating to, or befitting a king, queen, or other monarch; regal
2. established, chartered by, under the patronage or in the service of royalty
3. being a member of a royal family
4. Nautical just above the topgallant (in the phrase royal mast)
5. Informal a member of a royal family
6. a stag with antlers having 12 or more branches
7. Nautical a sail set next above the topgallant, on a royal mast
1. A cedar shingle, about 24 in. (61 cm) long and ½ in. (1.25 cm) thick at the butt.
2. In military architecture, an especially strongly-defended medieval fort.