Safing | Article about safing by The Free Dictionary
Also found in: Dictionary
As applied to weapons and ammunition, the changing from a state of readiness for initiation to a safe condition.
1. A barrier which is placed in an air duct around a component (such as a filter) to ensure that air flows through the component rather than around it.
In multi-story construction, a fire-stop
in the space between the floor slab and a curtain wall
, 1 to help retain the integrity of fire-resistance ratings.
3. The fire safety insulation around floor perimeters between the floor slabs and the spandrel panels, which seals off any such openings in floors and walls. Also called safing off.
References in periodicals archive
He quickly dispatched a response crew, cordoned the immediate area and oversaw the safing
of the aircraft and its quick return to the parking location.
This safety-first approach ensured the safety of personnel present during safing
procedures and prevented additional damage to a $320,000 gun system.
Contract award: safing
, specialized maintenance and rehabilitation works to protect the cliffs of herault
He then summoned flight line supervisory personnel who declared a ground emergency as A1C Shivley initiated the landing gear ground safing
- safety stop
- Safety Supervisor
- safety switch
- safety time
- safety tread
- safety valve
- safety wire
- safety-critical system
- Saffi, Aurelio
- Saffir-Simpson scale
- Safflower Fly
- Safflower Oil
- Saffron Cod
- saffron crocus
- Saffron Rose Festival
- Safid Rud
- Safire, William L.
- Safonov, Aleksandr
- Safonov, Aleksandr Kononovich
- Safonov, Boris
- Safonov, Boris Feoktistovich
- Safonov, Vasilii Ilich
- sag bolt
- Sag of Span
- sag pond
- Sagadahoc County
- Sagaidachnyi, Petr
- Sagaidachnyi, Petr Kononovich
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site
- Sagan Setsen
- Sagan, Carl Edward
- Sagan, Françoise