Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
Related to service load: ultimate load
1. A force, or system of forces, carried by a structure, or a part of the structure.
2. Any device or piece of electric equipment that receives electric power.
3. The power delivered to such a device or piece of equipment.
4. The amount of heat per unit time imposed on a refrigeration system; the required rate of heat removal.
1. The load which a structure is expected to support under normal usage; the nominal load is often taken for this value.
2.See working load.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.