shank(redirected from shank flexibility)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Anatomy the shin
2. the corresponding part of the leg in vertebrates other than man
3. Engineering a ladle used for molten metal
4. Music another word for crook
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
The end of a tool which fits into a drawing holder, as on a drill.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. One of the plain spaces between the channels of a triglyph in a Doric frieze.
2. That part of a tool which connects the acting part with the handle.
3. The body of a fastener, such as a nail or bolt, i.e., the portion between the head and the point.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.