social(redirected from social dominance heirarchy)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. relating to or engaged in social services
2. (esp of certain species of insects) living together in organized colonies
3. (of plant species) growing in clumps, usually over a wide area
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
- (of certain species of insects and some animal species, including humankind) living together in organized colonies or groups.
- pertaining to human society and/or to human interaction in organizations, groups.
Collins Dictionary of Sociology, 3rd ed. © HarperCollins Publishers 2000
socialPertaining to a group, community or the public. A hot buzzword applied to many products, social implies being able to easily find and share comments and content with others who are related to you in some manner (friends, colleagues, community, etc.). See social network and social networking site.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.