solar(redirected from solars)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical.
Related to solars: SOLAS
1. of or relating to the sun
2. operating by or utilizing the energy of the sun
3. Astronomy determined from the motion of the earth relative to the sun
4. Astrology subject to the influence of the sun
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
1. Said of radiant flux that has the sun as its source.
2. A room or apartment on an upper floor, as in an early English dwelling house.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.