Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. a narrow-bladed spade for cutting roots, digging up weeds, etc.
2. a tool, resembling a chisel, for removing bark from trees
A diamond-point drill bit.
An offset type of fishing tool used to clear a space around tools stuck in a borehole.
Any of various spade- or chisel-shaped tools or mechanical devices.
A nail, resembling a horseshoe nail, with a hole in the head, driven into mine timbering or into a wooden plug inserted in the rock to mark a surveying station.
A foot piece to provide support for the legs of the A frame of a floating dipper dredge.
1. A sharp narrow bar or spade used for removing gravel and roofing from a roof.
2. A dowel which is in the foot of a doorpost.
3. A short pipe which serves as a connection in a piping system.
SPUD(Spontaneous Pop-Up Display) A portable 24" monitor from Arovia that was introduced at SXSW 2016. Weighing 1.5 pounds and using rear-projection TV (RPTV) technology, the SPUD unfolds into a 24" monitor with a 1280x720 resolution (higher resolutions to follow). See SXSW and rear-projection TV.
|Going, Going, Almost Gone|
|From a 24" monitor to a unit that takes up the space of an Apple TV set-top box, the SPUD offers a novel approach to a portable monitor. (Image courtesy of Arovia, www.arovia.io)|