Stand-offs | Article about stand-offs by The Free Dictionary
stand-off (redirected from stand-offs)
Also found in: Dictionary
i. To deliver weapons and still remain outside the effective range of the enemy defenses when on strike missions.
ii. To have to park too far from the terminal to be able to use an air bridge.
iii. To remain outside the airfield circuit or pattern when ordered to do so, as in an obstruction on the runway or any other contingency.
iv. A jammer aircraft (stand-off jammer) that operates at a distance outside the lethal range of enemy air defense weapons—normally from one's own side of the border.
References in periodicals archive
FORMER Scotland stand-off
Craig Chalmers is leaving Glasgow Caledonians and joining injury-hit Harlequins on loan until the end of January.
becomes eligible from next September three years after his Springbok career ended.
Great Britain will commit a Wembley blunder if they switch skipper and loose forward Andy Farrell to stand-off
for tomorrow's first Test against Australia.
- standing water
- standing wave
- standing ways
- standing-on-nines carry
- standing-seam joint
- standing-wave detector
- standing-wave indicator
- standing-wave loss factor
- standing-wave meter
- standing-wave method
- standing-wave producer
- standing-wave ratio
- standing-wave-ratio meter
- Standish, Burt L.
- Standish, Miles
- Standish, Miles and John Alden
- Standish-Hickey State Recreation Area
- stand-off bomb
- standoff insulator
- standoff jammer
- stand-off jammer
- standoff target acquisition system
- standoff weapon
- Standpipe system
- standstill feature
- Stanev, Emilian
- Stanevicius, Simonas
- Stanfield, Clarkson
- Stanfield, Robert Lorne
- Stanford achievement test
- Stanford Antigua Sailing Week
- Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- Stanford Artificial Intelligence Language
- Stanford Moore
- Stanford Research Institute
- Stanford University
- Stanford, Leland
- Stanford, Sir Charles Villiers
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale
- Stanford-Binet Test
- Stanhope lens
- Stanhope, Charles Stanhope, 3d Earl