Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to statement: Statement of cash flows
1. Law a declaration of matters of fact, esp in a pleading
2. Music the presentation of a musical theme or idea, such as the subject of a fugue or sonata
3. a computer instruction written in a source language, such as FORTRAN, which is converted into one or more machine code instructions by a compiler
4. Logic the content of a sentence that affirms or denies something and may be true or false; what is thereby affirmed or denied abstracted from the act of uttering it. Thus I am warm said by me and you are warm said to me make the same statement
5. Brit Education a legally binding account of the needs of a pupil with special educational needs and the provisions that will be made to meet them
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
An elementary specification of a computer action or process, complete and not divisible into smaller meaningful units; it is analogous to the simple sentence of a natural language.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
statementIn a high-level programming language, a descriptive phrase that generates one or more machine language instructions in the computer. In a low-level assembly language, programmers write instructions rather than statements, since each source language instruction is translated into one machine language instruction.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.