statement(redirected from statemented)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
1. Law a declaration of matters of fact, esp in a pleading
2. Music the presentation of a musical theme or idea, such as the subject of a fugue or sonata
3. a computer instruction written in a source language, such as FORTRAN, which is converted into one or more machine code instructions by a compiler
4. Logic the content of a sentence that affirms or denies something and may be true or false; what is thereby affirmed or denied abstracted from the act of uttering it. Thus I am warm said by me and you are warm said to me make the same statement
5. Brit Education a legally binding account of the needs of a pupil with special educational needs and the provisions that will be made to meet them
An elementary specification of a computer action or process, complete and not divisible into smaller meaningful units; it is analogous to the simple sentence of a natural language.