sterling silver


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

sterling silver

1. an alloy containing not less than 92.5 per cent of silver, the remainder usually being copper
2. sterling-silver articles collectively

sterling silver

[′stər·liŋ ′sil·vər]
(metallurgy)
A silver alloy having a defined standard of purity of 92.5% silver and the remaining 7.5% usually of copper.
References in periodicals archive ?
STI said large variety stores, off-price retailers and catalogs remain important sources for sterling goods, while electronic distribution channels, mainly television home shopping and the Internet, "are becoming viable retail outlets for all sterling silver products.
Each of these twisted knot earrings is composed of sterling silver and is finished with 14K gold posts and push backs for pierced ears.
Made with sterling silver, each hand-finished piece has nearly 200 facets, which add sparkle to any occasion.
A perfect sterling silver circle holding an artistic copper heart with the hand-stamped word, "love" adorned within.
Reed & Barton also recently concluded its 175th anniversary celebration by giving sterling silver baby spoons to 176 babies born after Jan.
Kent Harrison, senior brand manager for Sterling Silver brand meats, explained his company's purpose behind creating the regional awards program: "The talent, creativity and passion demonstrated by these chefs are astounding.
Options include having the plate made from sterling silver or nickel-silver.
Sterling silver flatware sales at department stores, although up by only 1 percent last year, may continue to grow in this channel because of renewed interest in the category.
Ranging from personalized sterling silver jewelry and photo-adorned cosmetic bags, to the more traditional chocolate surprise, there are options at Shutterfly for every Valentine's Day shopper.
That's why Eve's Addiction focuses on offering an affordable way to stay on trend with the most popular styles of quality sterling silver jewelry.
com is a popular resource for celebrity and fashion media, with sterling silver jewelry frequently appearing on The View, The Today Show, and in magazines such as InStyle and O Magazine.