story(redirected from storying)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. a narration of a chain of events told or written in prose or verse
2. a piece of fiction, briefer and usually less detailed than a novel
3. the plot of a book, film, etc.
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
The space in a building between floor levels; in some codes a basement is considered a story, generally a cellar is not; a major architectural division even where no floor exists, as a tier or a row of windows.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
The space between two floors or between a floor and the roof.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
story (Brit. storey)
1. The space in a building between floor levels, or between a floor and a roof above. In some codes and ordinances a basement is considered as a story; generally a cellar is not.
2. A major architectural division even where no floor exists, as a tier or a row of windows.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.