stud(redirected from stud horse)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to stud horse: Horse breeder
1. a large-headed nail or other projection protruding from a surface, usually as decoration
2. a headless bolt that is threaded at both ends, the centre portion being unthreaded
3. any short projection on a machine, such as the metal cylinder that forms a journal for the gears on a screw-cutting lathe
4. the crossbar in the centre of a link of a heavy chain
1. a group of pedigree animals, esp horses, kept for breeding purposes
2. any male animal kept principally for breeding purposes, esp a stallion
3. a farm or stable where a stud is kept
4. the state or condition of being kept for breeding purposes
One of a series of upright posts or vertical structural members that act as the supporting elements in a wall or partition.
One of the vertical members in the walls of a framed building to which wallboards, lathing, or paneling is nailed or fastened.
A rivet, boss, or nail with a large, ornamental head.
A short rod or bolt threaded at both ends without a head.
1. An upright post or support, esp. one of a series of vertical structural members which act as the supporting elements in a wall or partition.
2. A cylindrical rod of moderate length, threaded on one or both ends or throughout its entire length.