tab(redirected from tax anticipation bill)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms.
Related to tax anticipation bill: Tax Anticipation Notes
a small auxiliary aerofoil on the trailing edge of a rudder, aileron, or elevator, etc., to assist in the control of the aircraft in flight
2. Slang a portion of a drug, esp LSD or ecstasy
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.
a metal or plastic clamp or clip on a card in a card catalog. The tab shows the number of the card or a special code indicating the content of the indexed document.
The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. A small, narrow drop curtain in a theater used to mask from view a portion of the stage.
2. A tableau curtain.
3. The lower end of a shingle; the visible portion of a roof shingle that remains uncovered.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
A small auxiliary control surface forming part of the trailing edge of an aircraft's control surfaces. Tabs help in trimming and may also assist in moving primary controls. The various types of tabs are servotabs, fixed tabs, balance tabs, trim tabs, spring tabs, etc. See servotab, spring tab, and balance tabs.
An Illustrated Dictionary of Aviation Copyright © 2005 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
This article is provided by FOLDOC - Free Online Dictionary of Computing (foldoc.org)
tab(1) (TABlet) See tablet.
(2) To move the screen cursor or print head to a specified column (the tab stop). Pressing the Tab key on a keyboard moves the cursor horizontally to the right or to the next input field. Shift-Tab moves left. In the ASCII character set, there are codes for horizontal and vertical tabs (see ASCII chart). See tab stop.
(3) (TAB) See tape automated bonding.
(4) A visual identifier in a browser that identifies opened Web pages. See tabbed browsing.
(5) A horizontal menu on control panels and dialog boxes. Clicking the tab jumps the user to that function, and that tab becomes highlighted.
|Dialog Box Tabs|
|On-screen tabs are widely used in control panels. In this example, the Appearance tab is currently selected and highlighted.|
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.