* It can become frustrating when there are two techs attached at the hip while the third tech is working alone.
* Why do members of the office staff--with zero hands-on experience--seem to think they know more about how to do jobs that their maintenance techs do every day?
* If all of your techs are working alone, how will they receive the necessary training?
* The client electronically signs the service order on the tech's Palm confirming services were performed.
* The tech e-mails the signed service order form back to the main office where:
* Technical documents are placed on the tech's handheld units, reducing their dependency on vendor technical support.
During his time as provost, he helped elevate Tech's research standing.
"It is truly an honor to be selected as the sole finalist for the president position at Texas Tech University," Schovanec said in a statement.
Disclosure: Texas Tech University and Texas A&M University have been financial supporters of The Texas Tribune.