Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Parts of Birmingham's identity are its enthusiasm for the motor car and its resistance to the bicycle, the builtin obsolescence and temporariness of its redevelopment, its confusion of size with quality, its unconcern for history and its wilful destruction of previous generations' architecture.
Constructing and "Liberating" Temporariness in the Canadian Non-profit Sector: Neoliberalism and Non-profit Service Providers.
There was scant consolation to be derived from the temporariness and gradualness of the displacement of human labour by machines.
At the Temporary-permanent divide: How Canada produces temporariness and makes citizens through its security, work, and settlement policies.
Flavin once said that the temporariness of art was inevitable, and imagined a scenario in which his work would be declared void upon his death.
Moreover, higher education institutes are considered long-term, sustainable institutions, whereas refugee camps, although having in many cases existed for several decades, still carry a connotation of temporariness (Zeus, 2011).
Adjectival Modification and Order Restrictions: The Influence of Temporariness on Prenominal Word Order
The term describes these migrants' position in a legal state of permanent temporariness. This phrase has been used previously, with specific reference to Indians in Dubai, to capture the fact that migrants are often barred from obtaining citizenship (Vora 2013).
Instead, many workers may find themselves in a state of permanent temporariness, exempt from many benefits and protections due to the nature of their recurring, short-term contracts (Vosko 2006).
Between the years of 1995 and 2013, in the seventeen countries, there were ninety-six governments either complete or incomplete due to term interruptions, temporariness of the president, term beginning before the year of 1995 or continuity until a posterior year to 2013.
Nevertheless, the 'permanent temporariness' of the bus stop remains a marker of the crossing of urban and rural relations.
Many liminal positions lack institutional permanence--it is their very temporariness that makes the positions liminal.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Temples of the Latter-Day Saints
- Templeton, Sir John
- Templewood, Samuel John Gurney Hoare, 1st Viscount
- Temporal Arches
- temporal arteritis
- temporal bone
- temporal coherence
- temporal compression
- temporal database
- temporal decomposition
- temporal logic
- temporal masking
- temporal redundancy
- temporal unit
- temporal-lobe epilepsy
- temporamandibular joint disease
- Temporarily Obligated Peasants
- temporary base level
- temporary file
- temporary folder
- temporary font
- temporary geographic grid
- temporary hardness
- Temporary Incapacity for Work
- temporary Internet files
- temporary plankton
- temporary restraining order
- temporary shoring Shoring
- temporary storage
- temporary stress
- temporary structures
- Temporary Work Quota
- temporary worker
- Temporary Workers
- Temriuk Aidarovich
- Temriuk Gulf
Full browser ?
- Temporarily Absent
- Temporarily Disqualified
- Temporarily Divorced for a Year
- Temporarily Doing Business As
- temporarily established
- temporarily filled military post
- Temporarily Flooded Forest Alliance
- Temporarily Medically Unfit
- Temporarily Not Available
- Temporarily Obligated Peasants
- Temporarily Obsolete Abandoned Derelict Site
- Temporarily on Academic Duty
- Temporarily Out of Print
- Temporarily Out of Service
- Temporarily Out of Stock
- Temporarily Restricted Funds
- Temporarily Restricted Net Asset
- Temporarily Restricted Net Assets
- Temporarily Shared Social Reality
- Temporarily Unaccounted for
- Temporary & Geographical
- temporary accommodation
- Temporary Account
- Temporary Accounts
- Temporary Accumulation Area
- Temporary Active Duty
- Temporary ad hoc rainbow coalition
- Temporary Additional Duty
- Temporary Additional Duty in Connection With
- Temporary Additional Duty Management Information System
- Temporary Additional Duty Travel Target
- Temporary Additional Duty Under Instruction
- Temporary Additional Responsibility Allowance
- Temporary Adequate Episcopal Oversight
- Temporary Adjustable Defibrillation Electrode
- Temporary Administrative Assignment
- Temporary Admission Regime
- Temporary Agency Work
- Temporary Agency Worker Directive
- Temporary Agent Servicing Program
- Temporary Agnosticism in Practice
- temporary agreement
- Temporary Air Service Permit
- Temporary Airfield Construction Waiver
- Temporary Alteration