tetanus toxoid


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms.

tetanus toxoid

[′tet·ən·əs ′täk‚sȯid]
(immunology)
Detoxified tetanus toxin used to produce active immunity against tetanus.
References in periodicals archive ?
The results depicted 72.3% of the participants responded to have not received any information regarding the Tetanus toxoid containing vaccine by the healthcare providers.
For 448 (53.5%) mothers, the source for their tetanus toxoid immunization status was card plus oral history, while for the rest 389 (46.5%) the source was oral history only (Figure 3).
As a result, they commissioned laboratory testing that found beta HCG in the tetanus toxoid vaccine, despite conflicting assurances from Ministry of Health, they said.
Guillain-Barre syndrome after tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine: a case report.
Thus, increasing the maternal tetanus toxoid coverage, an easier task, is vital.
Sandigo discovered the stricken lamb, he isolated it in a dark stall to minimize external stimulus and immediately vaccinated it with the tetanus toxoid. After administering an appropriate dose of antitoxin he proceeded to clean up the infected stump where the tail had been docked.
The young persons in the present study developed high titres of antitoxin antibody after only one dose of tetanus toxoid substantiating the claim that, provided a primary course of tetanus vaccine had been given even up to 30 years previously, a single booster dose is sufficient to restore protective levels of antibody [19].
This product combines a small amount of diphtheria toxoid with the tetanus toxoid, because diphtheria is still a problem in some areas of the world.
- The US Food and Drug Administration has approved the expanded use of Adacel (Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Adsorbed) to include repeat vaccination to help protect against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis, French biopharmaceutical company Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) said.
The DOH said the boy was given tetanus toxoid and anti-tetanus serum and was already sent home after the surgery.
20, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Maternal receipt of influenza and tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccines is not associated with infant hospitalization or death in the first six months of life, according to a study published online Feb.