tread(redirected from treaded)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. the outer part of a tyre or wheel that makes contact with the road, esp the grooved surface of a pneumatic tyre
2. the part of a rail that wheels touch
3. Vet science an injury to a horse's foot caused by the opposite foot, or the foot of another horse
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
1. The horizontal upper surface of a step; includes the rounded edge or nosing which extends over the riser.See also: Step
2. The horizontal upper surface of a step; includes the rounded edge or nosing which extends over the riser.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
The horizontal part of a step in a staircase.
The distance between two successive risers in a staircase.
The part of a wheel or tire that bears on the road or rail.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
The horizontal surface of a step; often has a rounded edge that extends beyond the upright face of the riser below it.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.