trimer

(redirected from trimeric)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to trimeric: kinase

trimer

[′trī·mər]
(chemistry)
An oligomer whose molecule is composed of three identical monomers.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
Interestingly, increasing the valency from mono- to trimeric constructs, no increase in binding affinity was achieved.
T-cadherin's preference for binding high molecular weight adiponectin isomers over lower molecular weight isoforms [29] may preclude the interaction, as the major adiponectin isoform in the brain is the trimeric form (~80%) with the other 20% predominately being lower molecular weight forms [17].
Afterwards, treatment of the remaining trimeric HLA molecules in the retentate with 0.1% trifluoroacetic acid was used to elute peptides of high affinity.
DiOrio, "Identification of covalently linked trimeric and tetrameric D domains in crosslinked fibrin," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol.
BtaE, an adhesin that belongs to the trimeric autotransporter family, is required for full virulence and defines a specific adhesive pole of Brucella suis.
Thus, it can be deduced that the lignan glycoside exerted a potent inhibition of the TNF-[alpha] via the formation of an intermediate complex between the intact trimeric cytokine subunits and the compound, resulting in an accelerated dismantling rate of its subunits.
Cooperative uptake of microcin E492 by receptors FepA, Fiu, and Cir and inhibition by the siderophore enterochelin and its dimeric and trimeric hydrolysis products.
Genetic variation at five trimeric and tetrameric tandem repeat loci in four human population groups.
Adiponectin is secreted by adipocytes which exist as oligomers, including trimeric (low molecular weight), hexameric (middle molecular weight), and high molecular weight (HMW) complexes and globular adiponectin.
Decken, Interaction of TiF4 with the Donor Solvents SO2, PhCN, and MeCN: Isolation and Structural Characterization of the First Trimeric Fluorine Bridged Donor-Acceptor Adduct {TiF4(PhCN)}3, J.
Progelatinase A is activated by forming a trimeric complex with MT1-MMP and TIMP2 [106].