blind(redirected from turns a blind eye)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms.
1. done without being able to see, relying on instruments for information
2. (of cultivated plants) having failed to produce flowers or fruits
3. Poker a stake put up by a player before he examines his cards
4. Hunting chiefly US and Canadian a screen of brush or undergrowth, in which hunters hide to shoot their quarry
A device to obstruct vision or keep out light, consisting of a shade, screen, or an assemblage of panels or slats.
A solid disk inserted at a pipe joint or union to prevent the flow of fluids through the pipe; used during maintenance and repair work as a safety precaution. Also known as blank.
Referring to a mineral deposit with no surface outcrop.
1. A device to obstruct vision or keep out light; usually a shade, a screen, or an assemblage of light panels or slats.
2. A solid disk inserted in a pipe joint or union to prevent the flow of water during the repair of a water distribution system.