Mentioned in ?
- Aerospace Monopolies in the Capitalist World
- airline industry
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
- Annan, Kofi Atta
- Armistice Day
- Army, United States Department of the
- Boeing, William
- Bridge Crossing Jubilee
- Capital, Export of
- Change to Win Federation
- Civil War in the United States, 1861–65, and the Reconstruction of the
- cold war
- Communist International
- community chest
- Copper Monopolies
References in classic literature ?
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.
An elder brother had been for some few years resident in the United States, and Mr.
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
It is impossible not to bestow the imputation of deliberate imposture and deception upon the gross pretense of a similitude between a king of Great Britain and a magistrate of the character marked out for that of the President of the United States.
Upon the principles of the Declaration of Independence, the dissolution of the ties of allegiance, the assumption of sovereign power, and the institution of civil government, are all acts of transcendent authority, which the people alone are competent to perform; and, accordingly, it is in the name and by the authority of the people, that two of these acts--the dissolution of allegiance, with the severance from the British Empire, and the declaration of the United Colonies, as free and independent States--were performed by that instrument.
For more than a year past he had been away from us in the United States; and all we knew of him (instructed by his letters) was, that he might be shortly expected to return to us in the enviable character of one of the richest men in England.
If this remark be just, it becomes useful to inquire whether so many JUST causes of war are likely to be given by UNITED AMERICA as by DISUNITED America; for if it should turn out that United America will probably give the fewest, then it will follow that in this respect the Union tends most to preserve the people in a state of peace with other nations.
The recommendatory act of Congress is in the words following: "WHEREAS, There is provision in the articles of Confederation and perpetual Union, for making alterations therein, by the assent of a Congress of the United States, and of the legislatures of the several States; and whereas experience hath evinced, that there are defects in the present Confederation; as a mean to remedy which, several of the States, and PARTICULARLY THE STATE OF NEW YORK, by express instructions to their delegates in Congress, have suggested a convention for the purposes expressed in the following resolution; and such convention appearing to be the most probable mean of establishing in these States A FIRM NATIONAL GOVERNMENT:
But when a prince is with his army, and has under control a multitude of soldiers, then it is quite necessary for him to disregard the reputation of cruelty, for without it he would never hold his army united or disposed to its duties.
In conformity with the Act of Congress of the United States entitled, "An Act for the encouragement of Learning, by securing the copies of Maps, Charts, and Books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times herein mentioned." And also to an Act, entitled, "an Act, supplementary to an Act, for the encouragement of Learning, by securing the copies of Maps, Charts, and Books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times herein mentioned, and extending the benefits thereof to the arts of designing, engraving, and etching historical and other prints." JAMES DILL, Clerk of the Southern District of New-York
To the United States, especially, the telephone came as a friend in need.
I pointed out to you the wretchedness of modern man--three million child slaves in the United States, without whose labor profits would not be possible, and fifteen million under-fed, ill- clothed, and worse-housed people.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- unital left module
- unital module
- unit-area acoustical ohm
- Unitarian Universalist Association
- unitarity condition
- unitary air conditioner
- unitary decuplet
- Unitary General Confederation of Labor
- unitary group
- Unitary Matrix
- unitary octet
- Unitary Operator
- unitary space
- unitary spin
- Unitary State
- Unitary Symmetry
- Unitary Theory
- Unitary Transformation
- Unitas Fratrum
- Unitas, Johnny
- United Arab Emirates
- United Arab Emirates National Day
- United Arab Republic
- United Brands Company
- United Brethren in Christ
- United Church of Canada
- United Church of Christ
- United Colonies of New England
- United Democratic Fatherland Front of Korea UDFF
- United Democratic National Front of North Korea UDNF
- United Empire Loyalists
- United Front
- United Fruit Company
- united inches
- United Irishmen
- United Kingdom
- United Kingdom Astronomy Technology Centre
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- United Kingdom Unix Users Group
- United Kingdom, Vampires in the
- United Methodist Church
- United Mine Workers of America
- United Nations
- United Nations Atomic Energy Commission
- United Nations Children's Emergency Fund
Full browser ?
- unite someone in
- unite someone into
- unite someone with
- unite something against
- unite something in
- unite something into
- unite something with
- Unité Technique
- Unité Technique Opérationnelle
- Unité Territoriale de Quartier
- Unite Theatre for Social Action
- unite them against
- unite them in
- unite them into
- unite them with
- Unité Thématique de Recherche
- Unité Touristique Nouvelle
- unite us against
- unite us in
- unite us into
- unite us with
- Unité Voiture Particulière
- unite with
- unite with (someone or something)
- unite you against
- unite you in
- unite you into
- unite you with
- Unitech Amusement Parks Ltd.
- United Aboriginal Housing Society
- United Achievers' Community Services
- United Acquisition Corporation
- United Action Armed Forces
- United Action for Animals
- United Action for Democracy
- United Action for Youth
- United Activities Unlimited, Inc.
- United Administrators of San Francisco
- United Admins Society of Finland
- United Adventist Recreational Sports
- United Advocates for Children and Families
- United Aerial Mapping
- United Aerial Phenomena Agency
- United Affirmative Action Development Corp.
- United Africa Company
- United African Alliance Community Center
- United African American Community Center
- United African Company
- United African Diasporan States
- United African National Council
- United African Students Association
- United African Youth Association
- United African-American Ministerial Action Council
- United African-American Society
- united against
- United Against Child Abuse Coalition
- United against Domestic Violence
- United against Infectious Diseases
- United Against Injustice