vertical(redirected from verticalize)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
1. Economics of or relating to associated or consecutive, though not identical, stages of industrial activity
2. Anatomy of, relating to, or situated at the top of the head (vertex)
3. a vertical plane, position, or line
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Pertaining to anything, such as a structural member, which is upright in position, perpendicular to a horizontal member, and exactly plumb.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
1. Any upright member, as in a truss.
2. The direction of gravity, at right angles to the horizon.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.