wagon(redirected from wagons)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms.
Related to wagons: Station wagons
wheeled vehicle, in modern usage restricted to passenger vehicles that are drawn or pushed, especially by animals. Carriages date from the Bronze Age; early forms included the two-wheeled cart and four-wheeled wagon for transporting goods.
..... Click the link for more information. .
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia™ Copyright © 2013, Columbia University Press. Licensed from Columbia University Press. All rights reserved. www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/cup/
1. any of various types of wheeled vehicles, ranging from carts to lorries, esp a vehicle with four wheels drawn by a horse, tractor, etc., and used for carrying crops, heavy loads, etc.
2. Brit a railway freight truck, esp an open one
3. US and Canadian a child's four-wheeled cart
4. US and Canadian a police van for transporting prisoners and those arrested
5. Chiefly US and Canadian See station wagon
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005