write-off


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.

write-off

Informal something damaged beyond repair, esp a car
References in periodicals archive ?
Acting Chief Finance Officer, Eamonn Croston, said: "The write-off figures demonstrate how important it is for everyone to pay their share of council tax, business rates and other charges to help fund essential council services.
The couple had write-off Rs372 million from Habib Bank Limited, Rs7.97 million from Industrial Development Bank, and Rs268 million from Muslim Commercial Bank.
Additional Attorney General Chaudhry Amir Rehman told the bench that 223 cases of write-off loans were suspicious.
A write-off is an accidentdamaged vehicle that an insurer determines is either beyond repair to expensive to fix.
Banks and the RBI have often stated that these write-offs are just technical in nature and an exercise to clean up the balance sheets.
"It is incredible that so many people still don't realise it is legal for certain write-offs to return to the road.
"Whatever the explanation, they are clearly doing something right in Glasgow and Edinburgh, where the risk of buying a write-off is 10 per cent lower than in London or Birmingham.
States have taken varying approaches in applying the collateral source rule to Medicare write-offs. (19) Some jurisdictions apply the collateral source rule in cases where an injured party was compensated through Medicare payments and a write-off was received, thus entitling the injured party to double recovery.
The banks and EVN Macedonia are prepared to apply for the contest of the Government for writing off the debts according to the Law on Debt Write-off. The law envisages the state to subsidize 10 percent of the total amount of citizens' debt and the rest of 90 percent to be written off by the companies.
Inaction of top managers of the Bishkek combined heat and power plant, Yury Frik and A.Voropayev, resulted in an uncontrollable write-off of fuel at the plant, audit of the Electric Stations JSC from 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013 by the Accounts Chamber of Kyrgyzstan found.